Monday, April 2, 2012

Less is more.

After Aaron and I decided to dive head first into this journey of simplification and downsizing, I found this video of Graham Hill talking about how less stuff CAN lead to more happiness:


Graham Hill founded the eco-blog and vlog TreeHugger.com, to help, as he says, "push sustainability into the mainstream," with a design-forward style and international, wide-ranging team committed to transforming complex issues into everyday concepts. (Bio taken from http://www.ted.com/speakers/graham_hill.html).

I get excited when I see that others are currently living the life Aaron and I want for ourselves and our future family...and they're doing it in MUCH less than 1200 square-feet of space.

9 comments:

  1. so what square footage are you leaving and what sq footage do you want?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaving 1850 square feet and moving to 1200 square feet. Older, smaller house, bigger yard, less stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we're doing in in less than 1200 square feet! but we definitely need more....Happy with what we have though...BLESSED always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you already found another house?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have! We close on Thursday. We just put our current house on the market last Thursday but it won't be ready to show until THIS Thursday. To say life is crazy around here right now would be an understatement :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiff, I thought of you guys when we first started contemplating this journey. You and Shannon have 2 babies in your cute little house...and if you guys can do it, so can we :) Blessed is right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It helps a lot if you are super organized...I truly believe if I had a week to organize and could keep it that way we could make do for a long time here! It will make me sad to leave when we move...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to be SUPER organized (before I was married...do you have that problem, Tiff ?! :) ). I wanted to hire a professional organizer to help with our transition but Aaron doesn't see the value. I swear that living with a male negates every organizational bone in a woman's body. Uggggggh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm kind of doing this all one section at a time, and lately my focus has been on clothes. I'd love to hear if you've pared down your closet and if Aaron has, too. One of the hardest things for me is asking Rob to give up stuff, too haha. I just watched a TED talk yesterday about a girl who only buys thrifted or second hang. She went on a trip and didn't pack any clothes at all, she just bought them when she got there. I thought that was awesome but super extreme.

    ReplyDelete